When BusPatrol first started, it developed a quality assurance (QA) checklist system using Microsoft Excel to record information about buses pre- and post-inspection from a quality perspective. As the company continued to grow, this became difficult to manage and search.
As a result of many collaborative discovery sessions, Bolt Data confirmed that Salesforce Field Service was the best fit for BusPatrol.
A few highlights from the solution included:
- Streamlined asset management system to manage kit assets, temporary storage locations, bus inventories, and account relationships
- Ability to deploy field technicians to school bus lots for repairs and installations
- Implementation of Salesforce Dispatcher Console and Crew Management modules to deploy and manage large crews
- Configuration of Salesforce Field Service mobile application to record field technician work onsite
- Supplemented asset management with quality assurance processes to ensure proper installation, complete documentation and asset accountability
Lorton, Virginia, USA
Bolt Data’s ability to create a tailored and robust asset management system that streamlined the various components of BusPatrol’s processes gave the company confidence in its data. In one example, with Salesforce Field Service now in place, the company gained the ability to track quality issues by count and type which empowered them to implement process improvements.
“Bolt Data’s presentation was by far the best presentation we saw and they went into detail that no one else could."
Senior Vice President, Global Operations at BusPatrol