While accessing real-time asset data is crucial, it’s just as important to visualize the data to understand what’s happening. That’s why our focus in the latest release of Bolt Data Connect has been on elevating data visualizations. Plus, we’ve introduced general enhancements to our existing visualization tools.
In this release, interacting with your asset data has become even more intuitive and quick. All within Salesforce, you can seamlessly stream real-time asset data, inspect real-time digital twin data to diagnose individual components, and now, create Visual Twins of your assets to have a lifelike representation.
Visual Twin Editor & Viewer
Our most highly anticipated feature in this release is the ability to create Visual Twins. The new Visual Twin allows admins to upload and annotate images of assets and tag individual anchor points for Sensors, Calculated Fields and Alert Conditions.
The Visual Twin can be displayed on each Asset page to show real-time sensor values in pop-up displays. Plus, you can take snapshots of the Visual Twin at any time and view them in the timeline.
IoT Audit Trail
A new Audit Trail table in the IoT Cloud captures key events such as Register API, Gateway Integration Update API, and Thing Type Update API. The Audit table includes columns for Audit-Type, Datetime, Textual Difference (DIFF), and JSON Value. This enhancement ensures a comprehensive record of crucial actions.
Simulators have improved stability, now running within Salesforce and publishing messages via API. They’ve also been enhanced with new features, including:
- Simulator Replay (Data-Load Files): Admins now can download Thing Chart data, which can represent possible use cases or problematic scenarios. This data can be modified and uploaded to a Simulator, enabling the replay of the same data. This feature empowers administrators to test highly specific scenarios and exercise complete control over simulated values.
- Simulator Co-Pilot: A new functionality, Co-Pilot automatically generates Simulator Definitions using analytics and introspection of the rules, based on the Thing Type setup. Multiple simulator modes are generated, saving administrators time and ensuring comprehensive coverage of all alert conditions.
- Simulator Config Permission: This feature allows administrators to restrict the editing of Simulator Configurations, separate from the use/control of the Simulators themselves. This additional layer of control provides improved security and management of the configuration settings associated with Simulators.
Enhanced Digital Twins
Digital Twins receive additional enhancements, including improved iconography for visual element and status differentiation, the ability to subscribe to the IoT data stream for all assets in the Digital Twin, and a Digital Twin History feature with a timeline scroller.
Sensor Data: Asset Attributes
In Salesforce, Asset Attributes offer enhanced insights into asset conditions, enabling mobile workers to perform more efficient repairs and maintenance in the field. Typically, each asset encompasses multiple attributes. With this new feature, we’re introducing support for Asset Attributes within Sensor Data Sync.
- Ability to easily sync and populate Asset Attributes with clicks-not-code
- Full automation of Asset Attribute Definitions, reducing manual setup tasks
- Ability to filter which Sensors / Calculated Fields / Alert Conditions are sync’d to better support the Asset Attributes data limits
- Asset attribute support in Servitization Plans
Please note that this addition will be available once the Asset Attribute changes become Generally Available (GA).