As a Salesforce partner, Bolt Data never misses the opportunity to attend Dreamforce. Each year, Salesforce continues to enhance the event, packing it with a variety of breakout sessions, keynotes, workshops and lodges, all designed to unite over 40,000 Trailblazers for an action-packed, three-day event.
While guaranteed to be a fantastic experience, the abundance of fun and excitement can quickly turn sour if you're unprepared. Dreamforce's sheer scale and jam-packed agenda require preparation well in advance to ensure you get the most out of the event and enjoy your trip to San Francisco to the fullest.
Drawing from our experience as Dreamforce veterans, we've compiled the following top tips to help you get ready for Dreamforce 2023 on September 12-14, 2023:
- Wear Comfortable Shoes: This is a non-negotiable tip. Don't even consider wearing those fashionable, impractical shoes lurking in the back of your closet. Opt for the most dependable and comfortable shoes you own. Leave the heels and formal footwear at home; instead, pack shoes with proper arch support and cushioning to prevent blisters. Given the approximate 20,000+ steps you'll take walking around Moscone Center, inappropriate shoes can lead to three days of agony. (Pro tip: if you do need to bandage a blister, a compact first aid kit like this one is great to take with you.)
- Schedule Private Meetings ASAP: Don't delay another day; initiate calls, texts, emails or LinkedIn messages to schedule one-on-one meetings, lunches and happy hours. With over 1,500+ sessions happening at Dreamforce, everyone is planning their limited 72-hours down to the minute. Waiting until the last minute might result in missing out on events or scrambling last minute to arrange meetings with no meeting spaces available nearby.
- Stay Charged Up: If you think you'll be able to locate an available outlet at the Moscone Center to charge your devices, think again. Finding a free charging spot can be a challenge, especially by the afternoon. Pack a fully charged external battery for your phone and charge your laptop at your hotel overnight. Otherwise, you'll likely find yourself stranded with a dead phone.
- Capture Memories: Amidst the chaos, remember to stop and snap pictures of your time at Dreamforce. It's easy to forget to take pictures with all the hustle and bustle, but pictures are great to share on social media so everyone can see your firsthand experience. Plus, with all the new connections you're going to make, it's a great opportunity to tag fellow Trailblazers in pictures!
- Fuel and Hydrate: Hydration is critical, especially if you're a work-from-home warrior and not used to walking over 20,000 steps a day. Regular hydration and meals throughout the day will lessen the chance of soreness, headaches and fatigue. Fortunately, Dreamforce has great breakfast, lunch, and dinner options. And if you venture beyond Moscone, San Francisco boasts a wide array of restaurant choices.
- Study for Certification: Did you know that a Salesforce certification exam is included in your Dreamforce registration fee? While at Dreamforce, you can get a new Salesforce Certification conveniently at the Marriott Marquis, Yerba Buena Level. Plus, exam slots are available on Monday before Dreamforce kicks off if you arrive early.
With Dreamforce right around the corner, we hope this Dreamforce 2023 Survival Guide helps you prepare for the biggest technology event in the world. If you haven't reviewed the official Dreamforce FAQ, check it out here.
Interested in meeting with Bolt Data at Dreamforce? We'll be offering on-the-go demos at Moscone Center! Schedule your meeting time with us.
Allan Alexopulos, Managing Director
Connect on LinkedIn